Annual HVAC Maintenance: What Is It, and Why Do I Need It?
Your home’s HVAC system is the most important part of your indoor safety and comfort, and it’s critical that it works constantly and efficiently — especially in our unique climate. Cheaper is most definitely NOT better when it comes to annual HVAC maintenance.
How Much Does it Cost to Service HVAC Systems?
On average, annual HVAC maintenance will cost you anywhere from $75 to $200.
When considering HVAC services, make sure your technicians are in it for the long haul. Companies can become profitable performing annual maintenance on your system at a low cost because they do it quickly and forgo performing a thorough examination and cleaning of your system. They may skip critical steps or try to hard-sell you on items you may not need. Before scheduling annual HVAC maintenance, make sure you’re getting your money’s worth with a company that thinks about the longevity of your equipment.
Does HVAC Require Annual Maintenance?
Yes. Like anything else in your home, your HVAC system collects dust and particles. These contaminants in the air that can accumulate on the internal components of the equipment, affecting the performance of your system. To avoid build-up and poor air quality in your home, your HVAC system should be regularly inspected and cleaned with annual HVAC maintenance services.
How Often Does HVAC Need Maintenance?
Your HVAC equipment and its internal components should be checked by a professional at least once a year. Regular maintenance will ensure that your HVAC system is running at maximum efficiency and lengthen your equipment’s lifespan. This can also help lower your monthly bills by decreasing your energy consumption.
What Is Involved in HVAC Maintenance?
Now that you have a better idea of why you need annual HVAC maintenance and how it can save you money, the next question you need to ask is what exactly should be performed on an annual HVAC maintenance tune-up? Here are a few key areas of concern:
- General operation assessment. First, HVAC technicians will evaluate your equipment and its parts to see how it is performing and where it may need extra attention. During the inspection, the electrical connection, internal fan (including motor and blades), thermostat and outdoor unit will all be evaluated.
- Regular air filter changes. To ensure the air quality in your home, HVAC technicians will examine airflow and replace air filters.
- Coil cleaning. Your HVAC system features two coils, the evaporator and the condenser, that regularly need to be cleaned in order to ensure efficiency.
- Blower maintenance. To maintain proper airflow, technicians will clean and adjust blower components.
- Lubrication. Lubricating your equipment regularly can increase efficiency and save you money.
- Internal heating elements. The internal heating components are important because they feature the gas or oil connection. This should be cleaned, examined for leaks and double checked for any imperfections.
Setting the Standard for Annual HVAC Maintenance
ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) is a national nonprofit organization with more than 60,000 industry professionals and businesses that work together to promote professional contracting energy efficiency as well as healthy, comfortable indoor environments. They are also the organization that writes the standards for design, maintenance, installation, testing and performance of indoor environment systems. Every five years the ACCA updates the ACCA Standard 4, which establishes annual HVAC maintenance standards for residential heating, ventilating and air conditioning applications.
This is the standard used to define the tasks to be performed. Any annual HVAC maintenance performed should provide you with the specific measurements of the components tested and recommendations to repair or replace any item that falls outside of the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
Professional Annual HVAC Maintenance
Sedgwick’s professionally trained annual HVAC maintenance technicians provide the most comprehensive air conditioner and furnace maintenance services in the area backed by a seasonal guarantee. They are trained and equipped to perform high-level services as a part of our regular process because we understand it can make a difference in how long your system lasts and how much it costs you each year to operate.
We also offer Plus Service Plans with the following benefits:
- Service appointments within one business day
- Priority for plan holders
- No overtime or after-hours charges EVER
- Two tune-ups per year – heating and cooling
- 2-year part warranty
- Up to 20% savings on repairs
- Reduced diagnostic fees
- Complimentary 1” filters
- Plan includes annual humidifier pad
Depend on Sedgwick for Reliable Annual HVAC Maintenance
At Sedgwick, we care about your HVAC system and its efficiency. Our services are not limited to one annual HVAC maintenance appointment, but to the longevity of your equipment. Our heating and AC maintenance plans are designed to increase efficiency, enhance air quality and maximize your home’s comfort. Contact us online, or call Sedgwick Heating today to schedule your annual HVAC maintenance.